Application deadline is March 1.
The College of Languages, Linguistics & Literature and the College of Arts & Humanities announce that funds are available from the UH Endowment for the Humanities to support summer research projects that fall within one of the humanities disciplines. Disciplines include: languages (both modern and classical); linguistics; literature; history; jurisprudence; philosophy; archaeology; comparative religion; ethics; and the history, criticism, and theory of the arts. Applicants are not required to be affiliated with the colleges where these disciplines are offered.
- Full-time, tenure-track faculty (preference given to junior faculty)
- Faculty member must not be on leave during research period
Terms of award
- Limit of one application per year
- Funding covers only expenses associated with the actual research
- Maximum award is $5,000 (faculty member is strongly encouraged to apply to other funding sources first)
- Research must take place between May 1, 2015 and August 31, 2015
- Award recipients must submit via email a one-page report to their dean on the research outcome within 30 days of research end date noted on application cover sheet
How to apply
Prepare an application packet with the following items in the order listed:
- Completed Summer Research Application Cover Sheet, signed by applicant
- Description of project, no more than three double-spaced pages in length
- Itemized budget
- Travel itinerary (if applicable)
- 1-2 page CV highlighting recent research and research related to the proposed research
- List of all research support during the last three calendar years (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Letter of support from the department chair
Incomplete packets will not be considered.
Applicants should keep in mind that it is unlikely that more than one or two members of the selection committee will be familiar with their subject matter or with the research styles and procedures of their discipline. Proposals should be written in such a way that they will be clearly understood by faculty in other fields.
Submit the completed application packet by e-mail as a single pdf to Karin Mackenzie (firstname.lastname@example.org). (If you have questions, you can e-mail Karin or call 956-4051.)