Colleges of Arts & Sciences Interdisciplinary Conference Awards
Academic Year 2016–2017 Application
The Colleges of Arts & Sciences (Arts & Humanities; Languages, Linguistics & Literature; Natural Sciences; and Social Sciences) encourage and support multidisciplinary collaboration and partnerships among their faculty. The Interdisciplinary Conference Awards program was established in order to provide funds for conferences that are hosted/organized by departments or programs of the Arts & Sciences, and that actively involve and reach out to other disciplines (particularly within the Colleges of Arts & Sciences) in all aspects of conference planning (e.g. speakers, guests, participants, topics, active student involvement). For the purpose of this program, a conference is not interdisciplinary by merely welcoming other colleagues/students from other disciplines to attend. Evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration must be provided.
The Interdisciplinary Conference Awards program is made possible by donations from alumni and friends to the Colleges of Arts & Sciences.
- Limit one Interdisciplinary Conference Award per conference
- Limit one Interdisciplinary Conference Award per faculty member per academic year
- Funding is not provided for conferences that have already taken place
- Awards range from $1,000 – $2,000
Eligibility (applicable to AY 2016–2017)
Applicant must be a full-time, permanent faculty member of one of the Colleges of Arts & Sciences
How to Apply
Prepare an applicant packet composed of only:
- Completed Interdisciplinary Conference Award Packet Cover Form
- Letter of support from applicant’s department chair
- Letters/e-mails of commitment to conference by collaborating departments/programs
Create a single .pdf of the application packet and name it accordingly:
E-mail the pdf packet to Karin Mackenzie, email@example.com. If you have questions, you can e-mail or call Karin, 956-4051.
- September 13, 2016 (for conferences that take place in Fall 2016 semester)
- January 31, 2017 (for conferences that take place in Spring 2017 or Summer 2017)
Late, incomplete, or unsigned applications will not be considered.