LLL hosts or otherwise supports a broad range of professional development opportunities.
4th International Conference on Language Documentation & Conservation
February 26–March 1, 2015
Enriching Theory, Practice, & Application
The theme of the 4th ICLDC, “Enriching Theory, Practice, and Application,” highlights the need to strengthen the links between language documentation (practice), deep understanding of grammatical structure (theory), and methods for teaching endangered languages (application). At this conference, we intend to focus on language documentation as the investigation of grammar and linguistic structure on the one hand, and the development of that investigation into sound pedagogy for endangered languages on the other.
Summer Intensive Interpreter Training
July 6–August 14, 2015
A rare opportunity for you to be trained in simultaneous and consecutive interpreting! Every other summer, the University of Hawai‘i’s Center for Interpretation and Translation Studies (CITS) presents a 6-week intensive interpreter training program for speakers of Mandarin/Japanese/Korean/ Spanish and now French and English. Portuguese may be available in 2015, depending on enrollment.
- The XV Annual Conference of the International Society for Luso-Hispanic Humor Studies, October 16–17, 2014
- Language for Specific Purposes Summer Institute, July 7–11, 2014
- Asia & the Pacific in German Culture, Feb. 14–15, 2014
- ‘Āina Forum: A Discussion of Native Land Rights and Kuleana, Sep 17–18, 2013
- Language for Specific Purposes Summer Institute, July 15–19, 2013
- CALICO 2013, 30th Annual Conference, May 21-25, 2013
- 3rd International Conference on Language Documentation and Conservation (ICLDC), February 28–March 3, 2013
- Audre Lorde Legacy Festival, Sep 20–21, 2012
- Assessments for Japanese Language Instruction, July 10–13, 2012
- International Symposium on Chinese Linguistics & Language Teaching, May 29-30, 2012
- The 7th Int’l Conference & Workshops on Technology & Chinese Language Teaching, May 25-27, 2012
- 2012 STARTALK Chinese Language Camp & Chinese TeacherTraining Institute, July 1-23, 2011
- 2nd International Conference on Language Documentation & Conservation, February 11-13, 2011